Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: where were you?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    where were you?

    each generation has it's
    WHERE WERE YOU moments
    ours have a few not. how many do we have?
    Where were you when:
    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff
    2. the OJ chase
    3. the OJ verdict
    4. 911
    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry
    6. The VT shootings

    how many more do we have? these are the first that come to mind
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    maybe add Operation Desert Shield/Storm? End of the first Gulf War?

    Where were you when:
    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff:
    fourth grade - Ms. Skeen's class watching it on tv.
    2. the OJ chase
    in Pound I think. I do know the trial was between my freshman and sophomore years in college.
    3. the OJ verdict
    In the CVC Library, with Daisy Portuondo. She wasn't pleased.
    4. 9/11
    Driving north on Main Street in Blacksburg, passing Doc Roberts Tire on the way to work. Listening to 99.1 the DJs said they were discontinuing regular programming and changing it to a new a.m. station.
    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry
    don't recall clearly
    6. The VT shootings
    At my desk at South-West Insurance - read it on the forum first. Then I pulled up the Roanoke paper online - first morning in a long time that I hadn't read it first thing.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mr.17.5's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2007
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    OJ chase-i dont remember
    OJ verdict-at school
    911-mrs. caldwells accounting class
    vt-woke up on my couch and turned on wdbj.
    its hard to stay drug free, when georgia power wont give a ni**a lights free.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff --- can't rem.

    2. the OJ chase -- in my living room with my parents watching the footage on tv

    3. the OJ verdict -- no clue?

    4. 911 -- I was with two of my buds, Anna & Ashley, we were in Anna's car driving around selling ads to businesses for the CHS yearbook and I kept flipping through the radio stations getting mad b/c all I could get was news so we just put in a cd thinking nothing of it.. when we finally got back to school they told us during lunch our history teacher Mrs. Bates told us.

    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry -- ??

    6. The VT shootings -- was in class at UVA-Wise when it happened and surprisingly didn't even hear ANYTHING about it until around 1 when one of the guys in the class said he heard something about some happening at VT. Didn't know how truly terrible it was until I got to work and was able to read some of the news articles about the shootings.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff
    I was alittle kid in school first grade maybe. We were watching it on TV.

    2. the OJ chase
    Don't remember where I was but remember watching it on the news.

    3. the OJ verdict
    Once again I was in school watching it on tv.

    4. 911
    I was at home getting readyto start my first of work at Radio Shack when the first plane hit. Thought it was some movie and told the gf (on the phone with her) to turn it on. Then come to find it was real. Then I was at work when the 2nd plane hit. Every channel from ESPN to CNN had it on. That day we had one customer come in to buy some fuses lol.

    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry.
    At a buddies house.

    6. The VT shootings
    At home watching it on tv. I had a couple phone calls from family and friends wanting to know if I know anybody there and if they were ok. I'm sure many of you all on here had the samething happen.

    If you think about it, our generations have been through alot and seen alot. Granted I'm only 26, but these 26 yrs there has been alot that has happend. Some good, some bad. I'm mean Everything from 911 to the Oklahoma City Bombing to the fall of the Berlin wall to the LA Roits and so on and so on.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. The Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff: gotta be honest, don't even know when it happened so I can't tell you.

    2. The OJ Chase: We were hosting a Party at my old apartment when I was in high school and a bunch of my buddies watched it on TV.

    3. The OJ verdict: I really don't remember, I may have been in class when it happened and may have heard about it after school.

    4. 9/11 - I was working a forklift at the time when it came across the radio, just about dumped a whole load of paint.

    5. The Space Shuttle exploding in re-entry - I was at home, I remember it was on a Saturday and I was laying on the couch waiting for College Gameday to come on for the upcoming football games and saw it come across the TV.

    6. The VT shootings - I was sitting at work and got a phone call from my wife telling me her cousin was OK and I didn't know what was going on so I turned on the TV and watched all day long.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_hhstigerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff. I was just a few weeks old.

    2. the OJ chase - I think I was watching it on TV with my grandpa...

    3. the OJ verdict. In third grade, I remember our teacher taking us over to the 7th grade class room because she was wanting to watch the verdict.

    4. 911 - In P.E. when it actually happened and I first heard about it when I walked into English and our teacher had it on TV.

    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry. At Hurley high school at the Black Diamond scholastic bowl tournament.

    6. The VT shootings - At a pizza restaurant in Honaker, someone asked me if I knew about the shooting at Tech and if I knew about anyone that graduated from Honaker that might have been involved.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. Space Shuttle exploding on liftoff- I gotta tell you all that I think Wise County was closed for snow that day. We had basketball practice and I stopped into Tiger Market and some rough looking dude was buying beer. I made the comment that he must have been hammered. Got home and saw it for myself.
    2. O.J. chase- Poquoson, VA My wife and I had gone to Busch Gardens as a part of our honeymoon. We were still recovering from the food poisoning that we got from the catered food at our reception. Whole 'nother story.
    3. O.J. verdict- On the blacktop with Mrs Carwile and Mrs Agee's kindergarten class.
    4. Secon Space Shuttle explosion- Watching CNN
    5. 9/11- Just got done teaching a great class on Speedball. My partner teacher's girlfriend did some accounting work at the Pentagon and called him. I remember picturing a Cessna crashing into the buildings. Also the same day I had my first parent-teacher conference before my son was diagnosed ADHD.
    6. VT shootings- at 6th grade lunch eating two corndogs. My Agriscience buddy and our resource officer told me. My buddies nephew is in the Engineering program and called him during lunch. I went to our Main Office and that's what they were watching on the TV.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I gotta tell you all that I think Wise County was closed for snow that day

    [/ QUOTE ] Nah not closed I dont believ. we were watching it in class. Ms. Skeens shut off the tv as soon as it exploded.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: where were you?

    1. the Space Shuttle exploded on liftoff

    Home from school. Dickenson Co. had a snowday. I was watching with my little brother, mom, and dad.

    2. the OJ chase

    At St. Mary's Hospital. My Mom had just found out that she had colon cancer.

    3. the OJ verdict

    Home. I think I'd just gotten home from work.

    4. 911

    Kroger in Bristol. I was making a delivery and was waiting for the DSD manager to check me in. Someone came from the break room talking about a plane hitting the WTC. We figured it was a small plane and didn't think much about it, until he came back a second later and said there was video and it was an airliner. The rest of the day was crazy. I didn't know if the world was coming to an end or what. The strangest, scariest day I've ever lived.

    5. The Space Shuttle exploded in re-entry

    Not sure. I think the first I learned of it was when I woke up and turned on the news.

    6. The VT shootings

    Home again. Laid off from work.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •